Females in Innovation and Technology
Under the Innovation and Technology arm of When Females Lead, we will provide women who are already working in the Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) field an opportunity to be mentored by some of the Uks most successful and experienced professionals within the STEM field and other disciplines. We are honored and privileged to partner with Association for Black and Ethnic Minority Engineers (AFBE) who will carry out the mentorship programme.
Mentees will have an opportunity to meet and interact with their mentors virtually for a period of six months. This mentorship programme is designed for women aged between 21-30 year, to help fulfill their potential and become the leader that they desire to be. This carefully crafted programme will provide each mentee with the necessary tools, skills, knowledge and understanding to be the change they wish to see.
- Young Female Professionals aged between 21 and 35 years old
- Must have a bachelors degree or Masters Degree in Science, Engineering, Technology or Mathematics
- Able to commit to a program for 6 months.
Application submission documents:
- CV and degree/professional qualification certificate.
- Letter of employment/ self-employment (optional)
- Commitment fee (ZMW800) required upon acceptance to Mentorship program
- Personal statement on 3 criteria below;
- Why are you interested in the Mentorship program?
- What does the mantra ‘We rise by lifting others mean to you’
- If I were appointed Female Leader today, what is the one thing I’d change and why?
Mentorship Programme Outline
- Professional Marketability
- Personal Branding
- Interview Fundamentals
- Building a strong CV and Online presence
- Mock Interviews
- Leadership and Personal Development
- How to practise, develop and demonstrate leadership skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Understanding Strengths and weaknesses
- Practical Research Skills and Researcher Identity
- Career Planning
- Five year plan
- Joint zoom sessions with other mentees and Industry executives
WHEN FEMALES LEAD ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH MPHARMA ZAMBIA
Lusaka, Zambia – When Females Lead (“WFL”) has today announced a partnership with mPharma Zambia (“mPharma”), in which mPharma will facilitate the placement of young female professionals at mPharma in the WFL Innovate Her Mentorship Programme which seeks to improve capabilities and build confidence of female professionals in the STEM field and equip them with leadership skills to effectively contribute to their places of work, communities around them and economic development initiatives in Zambia and beyond.
With this new partnership, mPharma has donated ZMW 10,000.00 to WFL to support activities targeted at enhancing female leadership in the STEM field and will on a rolling basis enroll female professionals from mPharma in the WFL Innovate Her Mentorship Programme, furthering the capacity and skills building for women in STEM in Zambia.
When Females Lead is a network that aims to build ambitious, confident women who are incredibly passionate about achieving excellent careers and becoming leaders in society. Through the Innovation and Technology pillar, WFL provides women working in STEM mentorship opportunities with leading professionals across various STEM and connected disciplines in partnership with Association for Black and Ethnic Minority Engineers (AFBE) from the United Kingdom.
mPharma Zambia is a company that improves access to medicines by providing innovative financing and inventory management solutions to hospitals, pharmacies and patients. Their innovative suite of business solutions provides doctors, patients and pharmacists access to a network of high-quality medicines at sustainable prices in underserved markets.